Saturday, November 6, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 57 & Psalm 142

 

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,

For in You my soul takes refuge.

I will take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.

Psalm 57:1

I cry aloud to the Lord. 

I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy.

Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need.

Psalm 142:1, 6a 

These two psalms of David are specifically marked as having been written while David was in the wilderness, hiding from King Saul in caves.  1 Samuel 22 says:  David left Gath and escaped to the cave of Adullam.”  David had 400 men.  The king searched for him with an army of 3,000.  This went on for years.  One would think David’s situation was fairly hopeless. Sooner or later… 

But David knew a truth that he staked his life on:  God was his everlasting Father, and his prayers for protection and deliverance would be answered in God’s time and in God’s way.  Are you feeling hopeless today?  Know that God sees your tears and hears your prayers.   He will comfort you, give you strength, and infuse you with the courage to face whatever is ahead.  Trust Him.  He is there for you.

 

Under His Wings - Del Delker

No comments:

Post a Comment