Wednesday, November 17, 2021

I Am Thankful For: My Children

 

O Lord, my God, I will give You thanks forever.

Psalm 30:12b

I have been given many blessings in my life – none greater than my three daughters.  I am in full agreement with Solomon, when he wrote in Psalm 127:  Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!

I distinctly remember a woman coming up to me at church, right after one of my girls had stalked away from me in high dungeon.  She patted my shoulder in sympathy and said: “It is perhaps hard to imagine, but 20 years from now, she will be your best friend.”  How true her words!  Our kids can be tremendously frustrating at times, but they also fill our lives with love and great joy.  Thanks be to God for our children!

No comments:

Post a Comment