Monday, October 18, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 19 - Part I

The heavens declare the glory of God.

the skies proclaim the work of His hands.

Day after day they pour forth speech,

night after night they display knowledge.

There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.

Their voice goes out into all the earth,

their words to the ends of the world.

Psalm 19:1-4

When I was in 7th and 8th grades, I attended a parochial school in Phoenix.  It was a small school, allowing each child to get individual attention.  My teacher, Mr. DeHaven, used lessons from the Pathfinder program for our Bible class.  We each had a booklet to complete (one for each semester) – earning badges along the way, similar to scouting. 

We also had Bible verses to memorize: sometimes just one verse, but twice a year, we had longer passages to learn.  One of those more challenging scriptures was Psalm 19.  I memorized it from the King James Version, and can recite much of it to this day.

There are few thing I like better than a clear, starry sky.  For me, it is one of the most profound witnesses to the power and glory of the Creator. It “speaks” to us to honor His creation and witness to His power in our lives. 

The Heavens are Telling – Mormon Tabernacle Choir

No comments:

Post a Comment