Thursday, October 28, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 40

 

I waited for the Lord.

He turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire.

He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.

Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust.

Psalm 40:1-2, 4a 

Yesterday I was listening to a sermon online by Dr. Banks – an African-American preacher from here in Richmond.  At one point when he was speaking of the difficulties of this present life, his face broke into a big smile, and he said, “Praise the Lord – God has spared my life for one more day.”

Matthew says, Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself (Matthew 6:34a).  God has granted us one more day of life.  One more day to sing that hymn of praise, to place our trust in the Lord.  Know that He holds you in the palm of His hand, and live today to its fullest for His honor and glory.

Only Trust Him with Lyrics by Alan Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment