Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Dry Bones

The hand of the Lord was upon me,

and He brought me out by the spirit of the Lord

and set me in the middle of a valley.  It was full of bones.

Ezekiel 37:1 

If you have never read the marvelous story in the 37th chapter of Ezekiel, verses 1-14, take a moment today and let this tale speak to you.  Ezekiel is taken in vision to a wide valley full of parched, dry bones. The prophet is then commanded to put the bones back together.

When I was a teenager, our school chorale sang Dry Bones, a spiritual brought to life with piano, string bass, and various instruments depicting the individual bones. I got to play the rachet, symbolling the neck bones.  Connecting the bones from toe to head, and then disconnecting them was great fun, and this arrangement has remained one of my favorite spirituals. 


Tech Men – Dry Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment