Thursday, October 7, 2021

All Things?

 

And we know that all things work together for good

To them that love God, to them

Who are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28

There is one word in this verse from Romans that always cause me to pause:  ALL.  Many things I can readily agree with. Most things works for me most of the time.  But when I am in the thick of life’s maelstrom, ALL things is a little hard to swallow.

That is, of course, because my vision is so clouded.  When I am in the throes of what life has thrown at me, it  is difficult to step back and look at the bigger picture.  That is what this promise is for – to remind us that we are not in charge, and the One who is will bring ALL things around – perhaps not the way we would want it, but what will be for the good of all concerned.  I really like the way Phillips translates this verse:

Moreover we know that to those who love God,

who are called according to His plan,

everything that happens fits into a pattern for good.

 


All Things Work Together for Good  

Church of the Nativity and Holy Comforter, Baltimore, MD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment