Friday, October 29, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 61

Hear my cry, O God.  Listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to You.

I call as my heart grows faint.

Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.

Psalm 61:1-2 

When I lived in Indiana, I met a woman who had a very unique home.  When she and her husband purchased the property on which they would build their new house, it had a HUGE boulder sitting right smack dab in the center of the layout.  They discovered that it would cost thousands of dollars to have it removed, so they decided to incorporate this massive rock into the architectural design.  When it was finished, the boulder formed one wall of the living room.  It was, to say the least, a conversation piece.

The Bible uses the symbol of a mighty Rock to portray God’s strength and His ability to shelter us through any storm.  He is the Rock of Ages where we can find peace and comfort.



No comments:

Post a Comment