Tuesday, October 26, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 32

 

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go.

I will counsel you with My loving eye on you.

Psalm 32:8

  During my various stints as a classroom teacher, I was often accused of having “eyes in the back of my head” – a mother’s specialty.  When you teach in the same classroom for an hour and a half, day after day, Monday through Friday, you eventually are able to “spot” trouble even when your back is turned to the students.

Growing up, I was often told that God had His eye on me – but it came across as more of a threat than a promise.  God saw everything that we did, and when you did something naughty, He wrote it down in His big black book…..  You get the picture.  How refreshing to read David’s take on this:  Yes, God has His eye on us, but it is a loving eye, and that makes all the difference. 


His Eye is on the Sparow  Maggie Beth Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment