Saturday, October 23, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 24

Who may ascend the hill of the Lord?

Who may stand in His holy place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart,

who does not lift up his soul to an idol,

or swear by what is false.

He will receive blessings from the Lord

and vindication from God his Savior.

Psalm 24:3-5

I love these verses for the simplicity of their direction.  You want to stand before God in heaven?  Here’s what you need:  clean hands (guiltless actions) and a pure heart (right attitudes and motives).  Jesus reiterated this message in the Sermon on the Mount:  Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.  Revelation describes those standing before God's throne as those who have no deceit in their mouths.

PRAYER:  Father, help me to remember that everything that I say and do matters – not only to You, but to those around me as I live my everyday life.  Grant me the blessing’ of Your Spirit today that my life may be a pure tribute to Your honor and glory.  Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment