Monday, October 4, 2021

Wings of the Dawn

 

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there Your hand will guide me,

Your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 139:9-10

There are times, as a choral conductor, when a song buries its music and message into your heart.  Wings of the Dawn by Linda A. Spencer is one such anthem for me.  Mrs. Spencer  was a Christian teacher, composer, concert artist and worship leader, who wrote this beautiful anthem in 1985.  She founded Nehemiah Ministries to encourage Christians to realize that each one is  specially loved and specially called by God.

Psalm 139 proclaims that God loves us and knows us – where we are, what our thoughts contain – because He created us  - and all the days of our lives were written in His book before we were born.  The Psalm ends with this plea:

Search me, O God, and know my heart

 Test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,

And lead me in the way everlasting.

"Wings of the Dawn" - MS Baptist All-State Youth Choir & Orchestra 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment