Saturday, October 30, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 65

 

You care for the land and water it,

You enrich it abundantly.

Psalm 65:9

I like to mow my grass in the early mornings, as soon as is permissible in my current neighborhood.  In my portion of Virginia, however, that is often not possible because of the heavy dew – water in the form of droplets that appears on the ground in the early morning due to condensation. There are times when my feet get soaked walking just a few steps into the grass.  If I tried to mow through the dew, my mower would quickly become clogged with wet, heavy grass. 

The Bible says in Genesis 2 that before rain ever appeared on the earth, God watered the land by mists which rose from the earth I have often wondered if this was a form of dew. David declares that it is God who waters the earth – through dew, through rain.  Our management of His creation has been selfish and faulty, but God continues to endeavor to enrich the earth. 


Let All Things Now Living

No comments:

Post a Comment