Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 33

 

By the word of the Lord were the heavens made,

their starry host by the breath of His mouth.

For He spoke, and it came to be,

He commanded and it stood fast.

Psalm 33:6,9

In the year before my retirement, I ordered an authentic Irish penny whistle.  I love the sound of this instrument in Irish and non-Irish music – particularly the theme from the movie Titanic.  I figured it would be easy to create music on it.  I figured wrong!  It will take time and concentration and a great deal of practice before I will make music on my whistle.

I have often wondered if God had a “thought planning stage” prior to the actual act of creation, or if His mind was always spinning with the intricate details of our world.  Whichever way it was, when He was ready, He simply spoke, and everything appeared – gardens, flowers, trees, animals, heavens.  Everything, that is, except man and woman.  They were formed by God’s own loving hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment